Thanks for the reply.

I have used inline editing of transcluded tiddlers with rider plug in in my
TWs (https://clutterstack.github.io/can-tw/rider-plugin/
<(https://clutterstack.github.io/can-tw/rider-plugin/>). I was referring to
a similar functionality.

I have also seen such an implementation in this instance of TW (
https://trisaster.github.io/#All%20Pages). See the reference section where
there is option to edit tiddlers by double clicking(since its using streams
plug in). I am not sure whether these references are transcluded tiddlers
or not.

Regarding buttons, I don't have any ideas as of now. When I have more
ideas, I will share it here. When there are many references, these buttons
are actually useful. It looks slightly odd when there a few references
only.