i think it is meant to be an example tagbar with filter, tags and so on to
show how it can look. Maybe I misunderstood but I think we are encouraged
to create our own tagbar so as not to overwrite the eucaly example.

I think you are right it is a little confusing. I spend a lot of time
figuring out how to, when I first used that plugin. It is very useful
though.

Birthe