On Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 9:41:46 PM UTC-8 Harry wrote:

> for all tiddlers that already have been tagged "NV-senator", I want to
> also tag them with "NV-legislator".

I also want to attach tag "NV-legislator" to all tiddlers with tag
> "NV-rep".

Try this:
<$button> add tags
   <$list filter="[tag[NV-senator]] [tag[NV-rep]]">
      <$action-listops $tags="NV-legislator" />
   </$list>
</$button>

Notes:
* The $button label is "add tags".  The button actions (the $list and
$action-listops) are only performed when the button is clicked.
* The $list filter finds all tiddlers tagged with *either* NV-senator OR
NV-rep.  Note that duplicates are automatically removed from the filter
results.
* For each tiddler found, $action-listops adds the NV-legislator tag to the
existing tags
* The tags list of any given tiddler are always unique, so even if you
press the button again, it will not add a duplicate tag

enjoy,
-e