Hi.

after reading my text I am surprised to get any hint at all. Thanks Tones.

The problem description now in a proper way:
Normally you create a tiddler, tag it with "$:/tags/MenuBar", put in the
caption the display text and in target the title of the targeted tiddler.
And after clicking, the target-tiddler is opened in the stream.
My goal was to open the tiddler in a new window like with the "open in new
window"-button.

Unfortunately it is not well descripted in the plugin-description, but
Tones hinted me onto the right path. Maybe that can be included into the
readme of the plugin - of cource better phrased.

Creating customized menu-entry:

   1. create tiddler
   2. tag it with $:/tags/MenuBar
   3. prepare the tiddler as usual as a menu-bar-item
   4. DON'T set the target field
   5. instead pace in the text-field a $button-widget with wished action.
   6. in the $button-widget place the Menu-Item-"text" - it can be a
   picture or a text - what ever suites
   7. set the field custom-menu-content with {{!!text}}

My tiddler looks like this in JSON:
[
    {
        "title":"openTargetNewWindow",
        "bag":"default",
        "type":"text/vnd.tiddlywiki",
        "tags":"$:/tags/MenuBar",
        "caption":"menu text",
        "custom-menu-content":"{{!!text}}",
        "text":"<$button message=\"tm-open-window\"
param=\"targettiddler\">menu text</$button>"
    }
]

Maybe it is better to set custom-menu-content with a transclusion of the
tiddler itself ({{openTargetNewWindow}}) like done in
$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/menubar/items/hamburger instead of using {{!!text}}.
but it works – at the moment.

Hope, this helps someone else.

Cheers

ToraxMalu