Mohammad,

I was looking at the filter you used and notice a shorter form for
[[$:/palette]get[text] is {$:/palette}

<$button actions=<<cycle-palettes>> >
<$text text={{{ [{$:/palette}removeprefix[$:/palettes/]] }}}/>
</$button>

However this made me ask do we have the ability to have replaceable
parameters in filters for common actions?

   - This is off topic from your post but I had an interesting thought.

*So consider this*
\define cycle-palettes()
<$set name=pals filter="[all[tiddlers+shadows]tag[$:/tags/Palette]]">
<$action-listops $tiddler="$:/palette" $field="text"
$subfilter="+[cycle<pals>]"/>
</$set>
\end
\define act(palette-name:"{{{ [{$:/palette}removeprefix[$:/palettes/]] }}}")
<$button actions=<<cycle-palettes>> >
<$text text=$palette-name$/>
</$button>
\end
<<act>>

Explanation

   - Above here I simplify the button title by defining it with a
   parameter, unfortunately there is no short form to insist it be text
      - ultimately this is not shorter because of the overhead, but if
      $palette-name$ could be defined once and used in many places it would be
      useful
      - but that is not how parameters are
   - Using templates however we can make this simpler, see below, but it
   would be nice if we could have "global" $substitutions$ or similar?

\define cycle-palettes()
<$set name=pals filter={{palettesâ’ˇ}}>
<$action-listops $tiddler="$:/palette" $field="text"
$subfilter="+[cycle<pals>]"/>
</$set>
\end
<$button actions=<<cycle-palettes>> >
{{<palette-name>}}
</$button>

;Now the tiddler "<palette-name>" contains  the following
```
<$text text={{{ [{$:/palette}removeprefix[$:/palettes/]] }}}/>
```
;Now the tiddler "palettesâ’ˇ" contains the following
:yes I am using a special unicode character here

```
[all[tiddlers+shadows]tag[$:/tags/Palette]]
```

Regards
Tony