On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 3:38:55 PM UTC-8 joshua.... wrote:

> So, unpacking a single-file wiki does not include the plugins required to
> serve it via node.js "by default" because they do not, in fact, exist in
> the wiki when it is unpacked.

I suspect most ordinary users were hoping to run one step and have a
working node instance.  There's not even a clue in
the documentation that the user will need to follow up by hand-editing the
tiddlywiki.info file. If you're hoping to pour
your tiddlers back and forth between modes of running, this is a bit of a
speed bump.

> It's a neat way to organize things, because then you can call single-file
> build targets from the command line with Node &

be sure the single-file Wiki generated will not error out when it is opened
> (as those plugins display an error if there is no backend to communicate
> with).

Actually, I just tried this. Even though those two plugins shouldn't be
needed to build the stand-alone file, if they are not in tiddlywiki.info
the build process will create a zero byte file.

On the other hand, having them in the plugin section does not cause the
build process to fail nor for the generated wiki to be corrupt. Nor
do the plugins appear in the plugin list. So there seems to be no harm in
having them present.

So ... it seems like for most people having those two plugins automatically
inserted into the tiddlywiki.info file would be advantageous
for two different reasons. At a minimum, there should be a line or two in
the --savewikifolder documentation to explain the follow-up
actions that are required.

I guess what would be really neat would be a command option that points to
a template or model tiddlywiki.info file. There are other
things missing from the tiddlywiki.info file also, such as build targets.