First off, glad to see people discussing this topic - when what I usually
experience is a bunch of dead 10 year old links.

Hope I can get some help.

The stupid questions....

1) How does Tiddlyfox plugin/extension identify an html that it will allow
saving?
2) Is there anything online akin to the MonkeyGTD
<http://mgsd.tiddlyspot.com/#mGSD>(later called mGSD) flavor of tiddylwiki.

I am a bit worried that my reliance on these things is not sustainable.

TL;DR
Long time user of both tiddywiki and MonkeyGTD. I have kept notes from
'tiddlyfox apocalypse'' as I've migrated from PC to PC and browser to
browser as they started removing the ability to write locally, in order to
keep my beloved functionality intact. Settled on a developer version of
firefox with tiddlyfox add-on that is set for never updating. This firefox
is never used for online tasks.

Be that as it may. I find my self whishing to create a  shiny new
blank/empty MonkeyGTD, and never saved one from back in the day. I
downloaded all of the mGSD <https://github.com/simonbaird/mGSD> from github
and found the demo (essentially an empty MonkeyGTD by the looks of it), and
the regular tw empty in there. However, while the empty.html is identified
by the tiddlyfox plug-in, annoyingly, the 'nicedemo.html' gtd is not
recognized as such, and it will not save.

I played around with a file diff finder for a bit, but I did not see
anything obvious.

Any help is greatly appreciated.