You can't have your cake and eat it too ;)
(just discover this translate proposal of french expression "avoir le
beurre et l'argent du beurre").

Since you run Node.js server, plugins are typically served by server. And
when you update from 5.1.22 to 5.1.23, official plugins are updated too. If
you use drag&drop, you can't benefit from this behaviour and stay with old
plugin (since it's not deal by Node.js).

Sylvain