Hi Mat - confusing? Yes sorry I am don't have a clear overview.

>>Are you saying you only want to see tiddlers in the story river that are
of a certain kind? What about, say, the Controlpanel or other system tids?
I take your point - sorry for my unclear explanation, its not laziness but
more a fairly patchy knowledge

A while ago someone on this forum kindly provided me with a sidebar tab
widget  - a tiddler with tag $:/tags/SideBar which I use to filter the
river story.

I get two  buttons, both filter out system tiddlers.

the first shows all tiddlers apart from system
the second button only shows journal tiddlers
beneath these I get a list of all of my tags which I can filter the story
river with.

All working as desired apart except that I would like to filter out
tiddlers that are created when I change the colour of an existing tag ( I
am going to drop the question regards image import I think that might be a
misconception on my part ).

The code within the tiddler is as follows.

<$vars limit={{{ [[$:/state/limit]is[tiddler]then{$:/state/limit}else[10]]
}}}>

<$range tiddler="$:/state/limit" min="10" max="100" default="10"
increment="5"/><br>
limit: <$text text=<<limit>>/> tiddlers

<$macrocall $name="tag-pill" tag="All tiddlers" element-tag="$button"
actions="""<$wikify name="filteredList" text="<$list
filter='[!is[system]!sort[created]limit<limit>]'><$text text='[['/><$text
text={{!!title}}/><$text text=']] '/></$list>"><$action-setfield
$tiddler="$:/StoryList" list=<<filteredList>>/></$wikify>"""/>

<$macrocall $name="tag-pill" tag="Journal" element-tag="$button"
actions="""<$wikify name="filteredList" text="<$list
filter='[!is[system]!sort[created]tag[Journal]limit<limit>]'><$text
text='[['/><$text text={{!!title}}/><$text text=']]
'/></$list>"><$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/StoryList"
list=<<filteredList>>/></$wikify>"""/>
<hr>

<$list filter="[tags[]sort[title]] -Journal" variable="tagItem">
<$macrocall $name="tag-pill" tag=<<tagItem>> element-tag="$button"
actions="""<$wikify name="filteredList" text="<$list
filter='[!is[system]!sort[modified]tag<tagItem>limit<limit>]'><$text
text='[['/><$text text={{!!title}}/><$text text=']]
'/></$list>"><$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/StoryList"
list=<<filteredList>>/></$wikify>"""/>
</$list>

</$vars>

So I ideally I would like to filter out the tiddlers that are created when
I change the colour of a tag.

Thanks - and sorry again - I hope my second attempt is a bit more coherent.

Jon