Create a tiddler and give it a caption field with the value "Index". Tag it
with $:/tags/SideBar . Put these contents in it:

<$vars mysort="[get[lastname]addsuffix[firstname]]">
<<list-links "[regexp:tiddlertype[(?i)person]sortsub<mysort>]">>
</$vars>

This should do what you have asked, though there is room for improvement.