Mat,
 I believe list-links-draggable is not a good choice! You need to use the
$draggable widget directly! I remember Eric has several good examples and
some good solutions (in reply to questions in this forum!) to start with.

Note: You may also use div with display:table, or display:table-row and
display:table-cell.

Best wishes
Mohammad