G'day Ivan,

I really like using TiddlyWiki for public websites, and I have a small
handful of them.

Recently, I've started experimenting with a standard approach:

   - TiddlyWikis have an added left sidebar meant for
   "non-technical/reader" usage of a TiddlyWiki (browse like a regular website)
   - by default upon opening, the standard right sidebar is collapsed
   - when the right sidebar is collapsed, all normal TiddlyWiki features
   become hidden (tiddler titles, toolbars)
   - when the right sidebar is opened for "technical/author/admin" usage of
   a TiddlyWiki, all normal TiddlyWiki features become unhidden
   - in "non-technical/reader" mode, I organize things so there is never
   more than one tiddler appearing at any one time, so that a non-technical
   reader doesn't get lost
      - I make heavy use of DetailsWidget, Modals, and whatever else
      available so that all content is shown and/or accessed from a single
"Home"
      tiddler

I'm refining my standard so that I have a customized "empty.html" as my
starter for any TiddlyWiki.

To see two working prototypes (each using different plugins for left
sidebar), check out:  my curriculum vitae, <https://cjveniot.neocities.org/>
and my "Tifoist" project <https://tifoist.neocities.org/>.

Regardless of your approach to your own website à la TiddlyWiki, you can
always get help with anything technical via this community.  That said, I
think you'll always have the best luck getting help with anything somewhat
narrowly focused and that is quickly answered with either a small code
sample or a lead to a plugin that might be helpful. Loads of friendly
people on here to help, but I sense we are not fortunate enough to have the
luxury of many retirees with plenty of free Tiddlerhood time on their hands.

Of course, even if you have a question that may seem like an overwhelming
amount of effort for anyone to answer, lob it over !  You may be touching
upon something wildly interesting that will nab somebody's interest (huge
fans of TiddlyWiki in this place)!  If you are met with the sound of
crickets:  break down your post into smaller and focused nuggets, and
slowly cast each nugget to see how we fishies are bitin' !

Cheers !