@Jeremy, for the short description, which presumably is the most tedious
bit, it could be more flexible like so:

"Descriptions of less than 10 words will appear directly. Longer
descriptions will automatically be presented inside RevealWidgtes. You can
have both a longer and shorter descriptions, and people are encouraged to
contribute either or both if either is missing in existing link
contributions."

BTW, I don't yet see any example where multiple people contribute the same
link. But if there is one, I'm guessing (hoping) that their descriptions
will all appear just below one another, for a quick overview.

<:-)