My current thinking is that Tiddlyspot will keep running but without
support for creating new sites. The reasoning is that I'd rather new sites
were created on Tiddlyhost, and also Tiddlyspot still has the problem of
being insecure, i.e. it's sending passwords around without SSL.

Switching Tiddlyspot to use SSL is a reasonable idea, except it doesn't
work for sites with a dot char in their name. (In hindsight it was a bad
idea to allow those.) See
https://github.com/simonbaird/tiddlyhost/issues/104 .

-Simon

Ps, there is a nice advantage with Tiddlyspot saves that they don't require
a current login, just a user/password to save, compared to Tiddlyhost saves
where you need to be logged in. I am thinking about how to bring that
convenience to Tiddlyhost, but I'm not sure yet how it might work. See
https://github.com/simonbaird/tiddlyhost/issues/72 .

--
simon.ba...@gmail.com