Rika,
 Have you tried the Utility plugin? It has author/reader mode. You can open
the model windows when you can set reader mode and many controls will hide
then!
 https://kookma.github.io/TW-Utility/

ctrl+alt+a brings you the modal window to activate reader/autor mode.
ctrl+s save wiki

Best wishes
Mohammad