Hi Mat,
 I think Boris, Dave and Soren can have better suggestions as they have
recently shared a screencast for Tiddlywii!

*My workflow*
1. I use the free open source tool *ShareX*: https://getsharex.com/
2. It has great features for capturing regions, capturing the whole screen,
scrolling region, ... and like that.
3. It has *after capture tasks* e.g AUTOMATICALLY upload to Google Drive,
or add a watermark, or resize it and many more
4. It can create screencast as gifs (small size video clips) or mp4 (high
quality but large file)
5. It has several productivity tools like image editor, ruler, color
picker, ...

The big drawback is it is only available for Windows!
The other drawback is it does not support a camera at the same time you
record the screen.

Some links

   -
   https://simulatine.github.io/100DaysOfCode/day-9-configuring-sharex.html
   - Reddit group https://www.reddit.com/r/sharex/
   - To download: go to https://getsharex.com/

Best wishes
Mohammad

*Sidenote:*
I use ShareX for my online classes where I mainly use screen capture
with after capture tasks! to automatically resize images, add date,
department logo, save a copy to my working folder and upload a copy to
Google drive. I use Tamasha to load images as slides!