Try:

<$visjstimeline
filter="[<currentTiddler>get[filtre_domaine]compare:string:eq{!!filtre_institution}]"

startDateField="date-debut" endDateField="date-fin" format="YYYY-MM-DD"
groupField="institution" boxing="auto" navpad />

This requires a recent edition of TW since it uses the compare operator.

Double braces (e.g. {{ and }} ) don't work inside of filters. They get
reduced to single braces (as above). Text substitution only works inside of
macros, so here instead I use the "get" operator to fetch the contents of
the filtre-_domaine field and then compare it with the contents of
filtre_institution. It's good practice to put your filter inside double
quotes.

This is a case where seeing a website would help -- setting up my own
visjstimeline test site might take hours.

Good luck!