Hi, i am new too, and still cry sometimes... so hard i think it is to
really learn TW.... :-)
Then i see others having TW's and I scream: HOW!!!!!??? How did you do that?
So i feel you bro.

I use TW exactly like you plan to do.
For each event, thing that occurs i create a journal tiddler with date and
time.
Then i use tags to tag the people involved.

I use this filter below to have overview of a day, i put the date in
manually, must be possible to do that better but ok it works for me:

<$list
filter="[!is[system]!tag[script]sameday:created[20210415]!tag[desc]sort[created]]">

<!--  <h2><$link>''<<currentTiddler>> ''</$link></h2>  -->
<!-- <h2><$link>''<<currentTiddler>> ''</$link></h2>  -->
{{!!text}}

</$list>

Hope it helps you too.
The <! comments i use to have tiddler names displayed. Twice so i can ehhhh
dont know why anymore tbh :-)

Maybe this tiddler can be rebuild in some kind of matrix overview?

Other people have ideas?

Keep on TW'ing, you WILL learn!!

Ray