I am wondering if anyone has a better solution for detecting in wikitext
whether a plugin is installed and available.

For example, for detecting if the codemirror editor is available, I am
using the following filter:

[[$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror]!is[missing]]
:filter[lookup:no[$:/config/Plugins/Disabled/]match[no]]

   - This checks if the plugin tiddler is present as long as it has not
   been renamed.
   - It checks whether the plugin has been disabled.
   - However, if the plugin was disabled when the TW loaded and later
   enabled, this filter will still indicate that codemirror is available even
   though the editor will not work until the wiki is saved and reloaded.

Any alternative approaches that might work?
Regards,

Saq