Nestling, in such a way anyway, is something I had not thought about.

In fact, this is only a part of the pipeline. Can I get back a united
output afterwards? I'll experiment and if I'm at loss, I'll post again.

A question remains for me: Why is "split + last" apparently working on so
different data when called by sortsub or subfilter? Aren't they just
calling a filter? What is causing the diffirence? I think it would be wise
and good for me to understand what cause the difference in behavior of such
similar patterns.

regards,

--
Jean-Pierre