Hi Jack,
 The Vote plugin from Kooma Library do rating and you can retrieve stars
and compare and analyse!

But if you want your simplest solution the below is one! Wait for better, I
sure you will get alternatives

\define getStars() <$list filter="[range[1,$(vl-stars)$]]">*</$list>

<$list filter="[all[current]has[rating]get[rating]]" variable="vl-stars">
<<getStars>>
</$list>

The above can be used inside a vietemplate if you like to have stars
automatically displayed!
Adopt if you like to use a table! for a specific tiddler!

Best wishes
Mohammad