Thanks Arunn, I can see some similarities in desired output there, so
thanks for passing along that link. At first glance though it looks like
I'm already in a similar place - with extra (for my purposes anyways)
spacing on the left and right

My hope is that someone who's done this kind of thing before would say
something like - "For A, add a class for 'tc-tiddler-top-padding" and
change it to 0px to get rid of it" or something like that.