Better already, David, IMO; if one cannot have ubiquitous nav-bar, then
that "Home" icon is the next best thing.  I for one would sooner see it
right in the top LH corner, because on my desktop wide screen, it's WAAY
off in right field, and moreover kinda small... But then your placement may
well be preferable for people on mobile, which might even be your most
common UseCase, i dunno.
Anyway: a great resource as it stands, from which i've learned a good few
things already, having only scratched the surface. Long may it live!
/walt