Thanks TiddlyTweeter! My idea came from a personal workflow preference, so
it is rather unique in that sense.

I also understand where you are coming from regarding a CSS Manipulator,
however, I can also see the major issue there having a background with web
development.

Having a CSS manipulator macro isn't the issue, it is having the underlying
code available to support it.

All the CSS changes in my script above, as well as the script it is based
off of, is simply changing existing elements and their behaviors. It isn't
creating new elements. CSS can't do that. I'm pretty sure that Stroll, as a
plugin, adds a new element completely, that is how it can have two columns.

I also think that Muuri Storyview does something similar.

I don't think it is realistic to expect TiddlyWiki to include that type of
functionality in its base form due to the level of adjustments needed. It
took the basic of forms because it was a solid decision from a broadly
supported view point. I'm assuming that is why no one has created a "be all
end all" customization plug-in because the effort would be massive.

IE: If I had my way with my original two row design wish, I would have had
at least two scroll bars, one for the top row and one for the bottom, and
then possibly a third if the two rows together had a height higher than the
user's resolution, or, if they had an index or lots of tags on display.
Then it comes down to; do you want the rows to remain there while the rest
of the page scrolls or do you want the rows to scroll up when you go down
the page. If the height of the two rows is more than the resolution then
you have to consider that you'll be moving the page if you scroll in the
wrong area versus one of the rows.

The ability to do what we want with TiddlyWiki is definitely there, as it
has been customized by so many already. I just don't think some kind of
blank canvas customization option is possible. Perhaps some kind of layout
picker, where you have two adjustable columns like in Stroll, or two
adjustable rows that work like the columns due in Stroll, or two rows with
the top row being two columns, or two rows with the bottom row being two
columns. Then you could have a keyboard+mouse combination (like Stroll's
Shift+Left Click) to force linked Tiddlers to load inside whichever section
of the layout they are in so you could create a menu/interface type
solution.

I just think the expectations and goals in what you suggest is similar to a
new type of personal application, versus a fancy or beefed up TiddlyWiki.

Just my thoughts of course, and I hope I didn't make any offensive
assumptions with your knowledge. I was just trying to cover all my bases in
the examples and reasons.

Thanks again!

DM