Hi Patrick,

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting. You can use a text reference in a filter with
curly brackets.

It looks as though you're using Mohammad's timeline macros. I went to
https://kookma.github.io/TW-Timelines/ and made a new tiddler to test your
example. Adding the following gave me a timeline:

<<timeline-vertical filter:"[tag{!!search}sort[date]]" >>

Hope that helps,
Chris