Hi all,

I've been rethinking how I should name tiddlers that represent sources, and
I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of other TiddlyWiki users.

By sources I mean books, articles, movies etc. The crucial point here is
that I am talking about things that have an 'official' name.

Currently I use the 'official' title of the source, plus any extra
information required to make it unique. For example:

Books: The Fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R. Tolkien
Movies: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
Articles: The Role of Deliberate Practice in the Acquisition of Expert
Performance (1993)

In addition to this I might use a caption which displays a truncated
version of the title when I cite the source in another tiddler, for example
Ericsson-1993 or DeliberatePractice1993.

I was browsing Soren's Zettelkasten
<https://zettelkasten.sorenbjornstad.com/> and I noticed that he does
things the opposite way around. He gives (usually) short CamelCase titles
and relies on the caption field for the official name.

I have been thinking about this and two possible advantages occur to me:

   - Shorter titles are quicker to type when linking from other tiddlers.
   - More importantly, perhaps they are easier to remember, or 'lock onto'?
   For example I will probably more easily be able to pull
   "DeliberatePractice1993" from my brain than I would "The Role of Deliberate
   Practice..." This relates to titles functioning like APIs
   <https://notes.andymatuschak.org/Evergreen_note_titles_are_like_APIs>.

Possible disadvantages:

   - They are likely harder to generate automatically from source metadata.
   This may not be a disadvantage, as perhaps there is a benefit to thinking
   up titles yourself.
   - Even when coming up with titles yourself, it may be tricky to figure
   out a succinct way to represent sources with very long and complex titles,
   for example these scientific papers

<https://www.natureindex.com/news-blog/five-most-popular-scientific-papers-of-january-twenty-twenty-altmetrics>
   .

Anyway this is a fairly open ended post, but I'm wondering how people
approach naming sources in TiddlyWiki?
How do you name source tiddlers, and why?
Do you prefer to use 'official' names or to come up with your own?

Please be free to comment with any thoughts you have relating this topic,
no matter how divergent!