Hey. I'm unsure why Relink isn't able to address this. It should be able to
rename, AND it should be able to show you all references where that macro
is used.

Are you saying that the macro argument to mapline isn't getting relinked?

I'm looking at your showModal(tid) that you posted. That would easily be
able to relink "tid" if you include a relink declaration

\relink showModal tid
\define showModel(tid)
blah blah blah
\end