On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 1:38:46 PM UTC+2 somen...@gmail.com wrote:

> I will look into the code but it's a pitty to be TW2. Perhaps someone
> could point to me where is the code of the UI in the code of official
> tiddlywiki5.

Hi Xavier,

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding how TiddlyWiki works. ...
TiddlyWiki is a self-contained single file wiki. ... No server is needed
other than for serving a
single file resource.

TLDR;
I think it would be good, if you explain a bit closer what you want to do.

If you open tiddlywiki.com it's served from a github page as a single
6MByte index.html file. ... Since github does server side compression only
about 2Mbyte are sent to the client.

Everything you see UI wise is rendered on the client. ... It would be the
same experience if I would send you myWiki.hmtl by e-mail.

If I "permalink" to eg: https://tiddlywiki.com/#HelloThere  the browser
will open the HelloThere tiddler, because the whole content is already in
the client. No server is involved, the core code "catches" the URI fragment
and displays the tiddler.

-----------------

A TiddlyWeb server will also "only" create a single resource if you request
https: //your-uri/index.html ... It will build the html file server side
and send it as 1 file, that contains code, UI and data to the client.

The advantage of TiddlyWeb is, that you also have some API routes that will
let you request recipes, bags and single tiddlers, without any TW UI as
text or JSON. There is a query language with which you can do server side
search.

The TW UI is about 2100 elements. If you download empty.html form
tiddlywiki.com you can open the *$:/ControlPanel : Info : Basic* : tab and
have a look a the "*Number of shadow tiddlers*": 2088 ... Most of them are
responsible for the TW js core and UI. The whole TW UI is built using TW
wikitext and tiddlers.

-mario