@fred

> I noticed my solution does not work so well for complex node content, as
> those in:
> https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/#Working%20with%20streams%20tiddlers
>
> The reason is that wrapping in <div> tags mangles them badly; I tried a
> few alternatives (<span>, more white space, ..), no success yet. Any
> suggestions?

This is actually the real challenge and why there currently isn't a default
export option from Streams. Depending on the nature of the content, it
seems difficult to generalize a single export format that will work and one
of the common pitfalls is to think of Streams nodes as a list,* which they
are not.*

A stream node is a tiddler which can contain any kind of content, and not
all kinds of content can be mapped to a list item. It might be easier to
set limitations in one's usage as to what to put inside of a node and have
an export format that works accordingly, rather than trying to come up with
a universal export format that works for all content. Hence my suggestion
of gathering real world user data to drive the process.