maxhi,

If you have any consistent information to can use this to match data. an
example may be to import all the files such as there filename is the
tiddler name, then separately use the operating system eg windows Dir
command to list the files with created and modified dates along with the
filename into a text file. Now import that perhaps as a csv file and use
JSON mangler to generate a plugin containing a tiddler (in a plugin) for
each file name containing your "original-created and original-modified
dates" you can then write a list to look up the dates for each filename and
apply it to the tiddler for each text file. We can parse text files as well
if necessary.

I strongly urge to to use new fields for dates and retain the integrity of
the tiddlywikis created and modified dates. I expect the dates will be in a
different format and need conversion anyway, ideally convert them to
tiddlywikis date serial number format, even if you have to zero fill the
time or milliseconds.

later you can build a method to spilt existing files into each day eg
excise

At every step try to retain and import any information you have, it may
easily prove useful later, for example if the files were already in folders
try and capture the folder name as well. if you need to reformat retain the
old and the new values. If some filenames are duplicates (but not their
content) there are tricks you can employ.

Of course you will still have some way to go but do lean on us as much as
you need, if you can generate some sample or dummy content to share, we can
help you further.

Regards
Tones