Eric,

I cant explain this and its an interesting observation. There are similar
cases I have seen where entering text, that results in a new tiddler causes
a delay, if not a loss of focus, but not in other cases. This may have
something to do with that.

Of course your example is using one tiddler to edit another, where the
focus issue has being my concern, is to allow one to edit fields or text in
the current visible tiddler. This works well once working, however it is
quite fragile and involves view templates, nesting and macros that I have
not quite documented or mastered. Perhaps there are aspects to what you
have demonstrated that makes this so fragile, that there are subtle and
undocumented issues that can manifest problems.

Tones