Misterel

Joshua does a great technical explanation here, and Mario gives the
standard solution.

   - The spacing you wish is something best done in the display of the data
   and not in the data, what if they changed order?
   - A field containing a list of titles or tiddlers is typically space
   delimited. So we often need the leading and trailing spaces not to be
   included.
   - Create a new tiddler and give it leading and ending spaces and you
   will see how these end up trimmed and do not become part of the title.
   - You can access fields in a different way if you really need to have
   leading or training spaces as part of the data
   - Transcluding not only brings the fields value, in but what follows is
   it is rendered, I believe this is when the spaces are trimmed.

Try
'<$transclude field=afield/>' or '{{!!afield}}'
'{{{ [all[current]get[afield]] }}}'

The transcluded filter output demonstrates the field contains a leading
space of it has one.

Regards
Tones