> I've been working on my plugin
> (www.github.com/flancast90/text-to-speech-in-tw5), and would like to add a
> button to the tiddler viewBar (I think that's what it's called, the place
> containing the More Actions, Lose, etc. buttons).
>
> Is there a way I can do this in JS only? I am quite lost, so I'll need to
> know the file structure, code, etc.

Adding a new view toolbar button requires a tiddler with the tag
$:/tags/ViewToolbar, a “caption” field, an optional “description” field, and
the “text” field containing the button itself (and any associated dropdowns).
See the core buttons for examples:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/master/core/ui/ViewToolbar
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/master/core/ui/ViewToolbar>

So, the usual approach is to bundle JS modules along with any necessary
wikitext tiddlers into a plugin so that they can be distributed/updated as a
single unit.

Best wishes

Jeremy.