Folks,

Personally I have used many kinds of forums and conversational systems and
the good ones have a number of features that you find are needed and help
both with communications and adoption. Discourse has many if not all these
features, and sure they may be implemented differently in different
solutions, but in the long run all of these are needed. It may take a
little longer to get used to the way it works, but from my experience it is
about what we need in the long run not simply what we may want initially.

With my experience I have found Discourse a walk in the park, with the odd
little exception.  Why, because almost everything Discourse does or
permits, is in a wide range of similar solutions. What I am trying to say
is much of it is industry standard and learning Discourse will be reusable
skills you can use in other places.  This is not just learning about a
particular product but learning about the state of the art in collaboration
systems.

Sure we can criticise any system for sure, nothing is perfect, but if helps
hearing someone experienced in such things such as myself, it is all going
to be worth it, its moving forward in a big step and it is largely based on
standard practices. I urge you to push through the barriers to change or
the new because we will all be rewarded.

I would also add, I have tried to get us to move before now and it was like
herding cats, if we have any momentum at all I think we should move to an
alternative, especially since Google has let us down big time. Eg No code,
no mobile, are you kidding Google!

Regards
Tones