In my latest "brain-age" game (Coding Fun: My take on recipe ingredients
<https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/Ug8IsxJX0z8>), I've gone all-in
with structured data.

*(Aside: I tend to prefer using data tiddlers over fields, but that's the
kind of conversation that deserves its own thread.)*

Although structured data is very cool, I usually much prefer the
loosey-goosey unstructured data.

Like just about all things, which is better (structured or unstructured)

   - it depends

Structured data involves big effort up front, but with substantial benefits
later.

   - However, structure done wrong (big analysis up front did not consider
   some things until elucidation happened while knee-deep in the thick of it)
   can involve big effort re-jigging things if "quickly adjustable re-design"
   wasn't built it.  (Maintaining documentation, even if just bread-crumbs,
   makes a re-jigging effort so much easier, but even maintaining bread-crumbs
   can be some effort.)
   - Building structure for possible future needs that never happen, that
   makes big effort up-front not so pretty re the cost-benefit ratio

Unstructured data involves little effort up-front (immediate benefit), but
could require big effort later: i.e. having to move all of that
unstructured data into fields when structure is needed.

Way too many thoughts about it all to write here.  I'd need a dedicated
TiddlyWiki.

All of that to say that my "brain-age" game of structured recipe
ingredients may turn into an expanded game that pits structured recipe
ingredients head-to-head with unstructured ingredients.

Proof in the pudding, advantages and disadvantages to both, maybe some
trickery.

Maybe via a shared TiddlyWiki running on nodejs, on a virtual machine, if
anybody is interested.  I do have, I think, enough credit in my Google
Compute Engine to setup a virtual machine for some collaborative
"brain-age" structured vs unstructured recipe tomfoolery for a couple of
months...