This reminded me of some experimenting I did some time back. I found the
below notes on it (paste it in a tiddler). It it probably NOT a good
solution.
<:-)

https://css-tricks.com/are-there-random-numbers-in-css/
<label for="d1">Click here to roll the dice</label>
<label for="d2">Click here to roll the dice</label>
<label for="d3">Click here to roll the dice</label>
<label for="d4">Click here to roll the dice</label>
<label for="d5">Click here to roll the dice</label>
<label for="d6">Click here to roll the dice</label>
  <input type="radio" id="d1" name="dice">
  <input type="radio" id="d2" name="dice">
  <input type="radio" id="d3" name="dice">
  <input type="radio" id="d4" name="dice">
  <input type="radio" id="d5" name="dice">
  <input type="radio" id="d6" name="dice">
@keyframes changeOrder {
  from { z-index: 6;}
  to { z-index: 1; }
}

label {
  animation: changeOrder 3s infinite linear;
  background: #ddd;
  cursor: pointer;
  display: block;
  padding: 1rem;
  position: absolute;
x  top: 1rem;
  user-select: none;
}

label:nth-of-type(1) { animation-delay: 0s; }
label:nth-of-type(2) { animation-delay: -0.5s; }
label:nth-of-type(3) { animation-delay: -1.0s; }
label:nth-of-type(4) { animation-delay: -1.5s; }
label:nth-of-type(5) { animation-delay: -2.0s; }
label:nth-of-type(6) { animation-delay: -2.5s; }

.randomradio {
  position: absolute;
 xwidth: 100%;
outline:1px solid red;
}

#d1:checked ~ p span::before { content: "1"; }
#d2:checked ~ p span::before { content: "2"; }
#d3:checked ~ p span::before { content: "3"; }
#d4:checked ~ p span::before { content: "4"; }
#d5:checked ~ p span::before { content: "5"; }
#d6:checked ~ p span::before { content: "6"; }