Well, that works for me too Mat - as long as I use inline HTML/CSS like you
did above.

But if I use the TW class caller (I can't think of the word) like this, no
bueno, empty tiddler:

@@.jack
!!JACK
@@

Which I suppose answers my question. Everything has to be styled in line,
classes won't work here.