That seems to save a little bit of typing.

I guess I saw the use of dialog element as nice because it kind of stands
out (as in: something different going on here), an element I likely
wouldn't otherwise use for anything else

i.e. a by-the-jugular attention grabber.  Yeah, I need that kind of thing.

<dialog open style="width:100vw;height:100vh;position: fixed; bottom: 0;
right: 0;z-index:1000;">
</dialog>