Hi Charlie

> I often say "first things first, consider upgrading", but 5.2.1 has the same
> issue.  So I say stick with what you have if it is working no-worse than the
> latest.

The problem is that the OP is using the macro "templatename" as an attribute
value in the `<$action-createtiddler>` widget, which means that wikitext
content will not be processed ("wikified"), so the transclusion in the macro is
ignored.

The workaround is to use textual substitution within the macro (in other words
the $param$ and $(var)$ syntax).

> As for bug-reporting, that, to me, is a crappy process that needs some tender
> loving care, including a need to update the related circa 2014 documentation
> (ReportingBugs).

"Crappy"?

It would be more helpful to explain the specific problems you see, and perhaps
suggest improvements.

Best wishes

Jeremy