One final tweak to the code:
instead of:
```
<$checkbox index=<<item>> checked="1" unchecked="0"/>&nbsp;<<item>><br/>
```
I suggest putting the item text within the body of the $checkbox widget,
like this:
```
<$checkbox index=<<item>> checked="1" unchecked="0"> <<item>>
</$checkbox><br/>
```
This allows you to click on the item text to toggle the checkbox.

-e