> <<tiddler ##summary>> or <<tiddler ::summary>> or <<view ##summary text>>
>
> If this isn't in the core the best candidate in my opinion would be to
> extend the view macro.. since it is more powerful and extensible...

The core's <<view>> macro only supports reference to tiddler *fields*
in the current tiddler object.  You cannot use it to display slice or
section values, nor can it be used to show values from other tiddlers.

To format and render data -- fields, slices, and/or sections -- from
any tiddler (not just the current one), you can use:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#WikifyPlugin

With regard to the core <<tiddler>> macro, it doesn't support use of
section/slice refererences with an "implied tiddler title".  The
tiddler reference must include a fully-qualified tiddler title, even
for references to sections/slices in the current tiddler.

Fortunately,
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#SectionLinksPlugin
enhances the <<tiddler>> macro parameter handling so that section
references that omit the tiddler title (e.g., <<tiddler ##section>>)
are handled by using story.findContainingTiddler() to get the current
tiddler title.

Note that, at present, the SectionLinksPlugin-enhanced parameter
syntax does not support implied titles for *slice* references (e.g.,
"::section").  However, this is relatively easy to add to the existing
plugin code.  I'll post a follow-up when an update is available.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios
Was this answer useful? If so, please help support TiddlyTools:

   TiddlyTools direct contributions: (paypal)
      http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donate
   UnaMesa tax-deductible contributions:
      http://about.unamesa.org/Participate (paypal)
   TiddlyWiki consulting: