Hi Grant

(I wouldn't use a valid mailaddress as a username - ... spamattacs)

> I am trying to set my username, backup option to 'on' and the backup
> directory.  It works during the current browser (FF 4) session, but is
> not saved.  This the case for several tiddlywikis based on different
> origins.
>
> How can I get these options to be saved?  I have lost data more than
> once and had no backup!

Create a tiddler eg "zzConfig" (or whatever..)  tag it with
systemConfig
Write:
config.options.chkSaveBackups= true;
config.options.txtBackupFolder= "backup";
config.options.txtUserName = "YourUserName";

save and reload

Cheers Måns Mårtensson