Hi Skye

> Periodically a central TW (which as Rakugo said would
> be open during the lecture/workshop) picks new tiddlers from the
> individual TWs using Erics loadTiddlersPlugin. Each individual
> notetaker can hit a "refresh" button that picks up the new entries
> (also using loadTiddlers)....directly om the central TW....all this in
> a shared dropbox folder.
>
> So the only part I need help with is this "periodically" running the
> central TW tiddler that has the list of uploadTidders (one for each
> notetaker).

For the "central TW" all you need is a "pagereload at timed interval
app" - there are a few which can be installed as browserextensions...

I made a simple systemTheme (based on Eric's TotallyTiddlers) - my
version needs SwitchThemePlugin, then it will be able to reload the TW
at timed intervals.
Check it out here:

http://infokiosk.tiddlyspot.com/

Cheers Måns Mårtensson