I believe you can search anything that is in an archived tiddler

http://jackparke.googlepages.com/jtw.html

with ArchivePlugin

its been a while since I used it but I think when you put the tag
"archive" on a tiddler, that tiddler gets externalized as an html file
but remains viewable and searchable.  When I was using it, I changed
it so it saves as a text file instead (changed in the plugin from
".html" to ".txt") and that allows it to be searchable from the system
as well.

That said, I'd be curious to see if anyone knows of a new way now
that's not so restrictive.

I wonder if maybe LaunchApplicationPlugin might be used to launch a
bash script (or batch? if in windows?) to search from TW... but I'm
not sure how I'd go about doing that though