Though I really do understand and appreciate the voices of complain,
somehow they also seem in the wrong place of Eric trying to find a
solution for being of continuing help, and thereby in part addressing
those very issues. Don't think one person could handle all this as one
person alone though. But the alternative isn't that nice either:
leaving without a word, as it so often happens..

I want to say thanks for being so frank about the challenges you're
facing, Eric. And I do hope this still turns someway good for you and
every TiddlyWiki user.
Of course, it does give some weight to the notion already repeatedly
raised that TW would be a dying thing - since it actually has been on
a sort of paid life-support for already that long - which now wont be
available to the former extent:

Really no other plugin repository in it's extent, well written
documentation and unbelievable functionality added - comes even close
to TiddlyTools. So I'm certainly not the minority when I say it was
really your efforts that got me hooked to TW. And I'm one of the many
who uses your add-ons on a regular basis, ..have been greatly helped
by your responses to my specific requests. TiddlyWiki's world would be
very different without, because it makes so many of TW's amazing
possibilities for everyday use available ready-made to java-script
illiterate users. And still will continue to do for a long time, even
if a few of your plugins already have quited their job with the latest
TW versions.

However, beside my own precarious momentary financial situation due to
a variety of reasons (which hopefully will also change again, and I'll
become able to donate some) I, as yourself, don't realistically
believe this could ever cover your ongoing expenses. Though TW
GoogleGroup's many members have been quite busy, practically those who
are active at any given time are only a handful and really seem to
decline further..

Personally always felt very grateful for your upper exceptional
support and responsiveness to plugin feature requests. So I tried to
give back at least some by answering beginners questions as much as I
could. Thought this would create some sort of equilibrium between
giving and taking out of enthusiasm for the thing. Now I realize thats
a bit a naive assessment of the equation due to the paycheck of
UnaMesa never taken in account.

Nevertheless, as you now also have to, I wont just give up behaving as
this still would be an voluntary project - though it hasn't really
been to some extent, as we just found out - it would be really death
for me otherwise. So I'll continue to ask questions and also make
TiddlyTools plugin requests with the hope that they might be
voluntarily met - wont take anti-depressants if the aren't ;-) - but
just try an other approach to what I want to get at, or give up in a
particular direction. Just as is was till now. I feel that's still in
everyone's interest.

I wish you the best in every respect. Who knows what the future might
bring?

PS: > > > Re. TiddlyWeb - now it's REALLY hard to decipher what's
going on ..

It really is scary. If anything goes wrong, how can one ever provide a
'minimal' test case? I've just been in the process of trying to strip
one down, and it's been weeks of many hours in my free time to slowly
figure it out, and that's just to derive a stand-alone! Many of the
plugins which come with it by default don't even have a description or
list dependencies..