I have easyEdit installed from before my upgrade to 2.6.5
The Write toolbar option appears but does nothing (see below). In the
Plugin itself (not applicable) the button in the plugin works but could
damage the plugin tiddler if saved. <<toolbar easyEdit>>

I use http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TaggedTemplateTweak and bits of
http://mptw.tiddlyspot.com/ and this could be causing the fault.

I notice in EasyEditTemplate there is the edit line

Perhaps this template is not engaged properly when competing with
TaggedTemplateTweak <http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TaggedTemplateTweak>

In a basic tiddler with no tags (that represent a template tag) the
Write/EasyEdit is working correctly.

I hope that gets you closer to a solution
TonyM