> someone to develop a TW plugin that will reduce security restrictions on
> specific TW files that you indicate.

There is NO WAY to "reduce security restrictions" via a TW Plugin.
The Firefox methods for gaining local filesystem privileges have been
deprecated.  As of FF15, they have removed the confirmation dialog
("... may be unsafe... are you sure..."), and always reject privileges
for new files.  Existing files that were already granted filesystem
access still have that permission (via the prefs.js declarations).
However, as of FF17, the entire "enablePrivilege()" functionality will
be GONE from Firefox.  Thus... NO javascript code will be able to
request on-the-fly privileges.

Fortunately, Jeremy has ALREADY created a solution for FireFox that
will work moving forward:
   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tiddlyfox/

Note that this is NOT a TW plugin.... it is a FireFox add-on.  It's
purpose is to sit in the background and detect when a TW document is
loaded.  Then, it automatically patches the existing TWCore file I/O
functions to invoke I/O functions from within the add-on.  By
definitions, browser add-on run as privileged code.  Thus, the file I/
O provided by the add-on does not require 'enablePrivilege()'
functionality, and will work in the current (and future) versions of
FireFox.

Unfortunately, this doesn't address ALL instances where the TWCore
uses the enablePrivilege() function.  Specifically, the backstage
Import function also requires file I/O privileges.  I am currently
working on changes to that TWCore subsystem, to try to eliminate the
use of the deprecated functions (or at least wrap them in try/catch
handlers so they don't create failure points).

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donations

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact