Possibly old hat for some, but if you don't know about cintanotes
<http://cintanotes.com/>it's worth checking out. @Jeremy - maybe something
can serve as inspiration for TW5?

I have found myself using this parallel with TW because it is so darn easy
to add notes to it plus it really has a practical next-to-no-nonsense
interface. The adding of copied notes is not unlike the old tiddlysnip but
even more direct. BTW, tiddlysnip or equivalent is a feature I really miss
in TW. Ironically, it is a bit of a hassle to perform the very main feature
of TW, ie. to add a note to it... :-/

Another feature cintanotes has is it lets you categorize tags and list them
in these categories. Can be seen in screen cast at above link. [1]

<:-)

[1] Tobias has the wonderful and powerful TagSearch
<http://tobibeer.tiddlyspace.com/#TagSearch>plugin for categorizing tas.
It's power comes with complexity tho.