I am trying to create a tiddler which shall have a field named
"mantraCount". The field shall be set to 0 in the beginning. The tiddler
shall display the current value of the field in its display and it shall
have a large button below which shall increment the field value by 1 when
pressed and refresh the tiddler display in order to show the latest field
value.
In my MainMenu I have this to create a new Mantra Counter tiddler:

<<newTiddler
   label:"New Mantra Counter"
   title:"New Mantra"
   tag:"mantra"
   text:{{store.getTiddlerText("NewMantraText")}}
   fields:"mantraCount:0"

The content of the the NewMantraText is automatically appended into each
New Mantra tiddler created with the New Mantra Counter button :

<script>
var title = story.findContainingTiddler(place).getAttribute("tiddler");
var field=story.getTiddlerField(title,"mantraCount");
document.write(field);
</script>

I have not completed the NewMantraText yet. Eventually it shall have a
button which shall do the real incremental work. But for now the problem is
the variable 'field' is evaluating to null.
Can you please tell me why and how to solve this?
Here is the link to a minimal test case in my dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxlgwqkuujkr2df/mtc.html