I tried to upgrade a copy of the latest braintags to 2.8.1. I encountered
the following errors in plugins:
QuickOpenTagPlugin↓            3 KB            Yes    1ms    Error
Error: SyntaxError: illegal character

TagglyListPlugin↓        1.1.2 25-Apr-06    17 KB            Yes    2ms
Error    Error: SyntaxError: unterminated string literal

In addition, there was a reported error in the macro <<HideSomeTags>>

Alan